We are constantly creating content that helps our clients tell their story in a unique and interesting way. Social media is all about distributing content that you hope will resonate with your current fans and followers or serve up intrigue to new prospects.
Here we worked with Ginny Simon and her brand ginnybakes to help position the story of who she is and how she got started with her awesome brand of delicious baked goods. Not only is it visually pleasing, but it also packs a real information punch too. Video is a mission critical component of any social strategy and this piece, posted on Facebook natively had 5X the amount of organic reach of any normal text or photo post. Content like this is therefore not just informative, but it also makes for good social strategy.
Click the image above or click here and give it a watch.
When it comes to social media, Google+ tends to be used the least. Most people, for both business and personal use, tend to focus all their time on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. But Google+ can be a great asset to your business once you figure out the best way to use it. Check out these six tips from Social Media Examiner about how to use Google+ to promote your business.
1) Make sure to verify your business with Google My Business to increase your visibility on Google search. This will help people find information about your business, so be sure to fill in your business information on Google+ with as much detail as possible.
2) Use Google+ circles to share information with specific people. That way if there is business information you want to share with business partners you can, or if you want to share information about a sale just to costumers, you can do that.
3) Create and join communities. This is a great way to be a part of a community with similar interests and passions. This will help you connect on a more personal level with potential customers and fans.
4) Categorize content with collections. Create a collection to group your content by topic, and make it easier for people to follow your content that interests them.
5) Use Google Hangouts to engage with followers. Google Hangouts are a popular way to connect with followers in a more intimate and personal way. Use them to host Q&A’s or talk about a topic relevant to your business that people are interested in.
6) Take advantage of Google Photos and use it to tell a story. Google Photos on Google+ offers unlimited storage for photos and videos, and stores high-resolution photos that it can automatically categorize into people, places, and things. Use keywords to name your photos to make them visible in image search.
Essentially, the best thing you can do on Google+ is use all of its features to optimize your chances to come up on Google search. Google’s search function is easily the most popular of any of its features, and making sure your business will be at the top of search results it’s the best way to make the most of your Google+ account.
When you spend so much time on social media for your company, it can sometimes feel hard to generate interesting content on a daily basis. Social Media Examiner has put together a list of tips to try for when you’re stuck but still want to improve engagement.
1) Ask questions. People love to share their wisdom and opinions, so give them the chance by asking for tips and insight to get them involved in the conversation.
2) Have a sense of humor. What better way to build relationships with your followers than posting something funny to brighten their day? Try posting a funny quote, picture, or graphic to make your followers smile.
3) Connect on a personal level. Show people the behind-the-scenes of your business, your life, or both. Let people get to know who you are, and they are much more likely to want to do business with you.
4) Be inspirational. Post inspirational quotes on your social media accounts to inspire your followers. Keep in mind the perspective of your followers, and tailor your quotes to fit them.
5) Don’t be afraid to repost relevant content. If you have an article you wrote with answers to FAQ’s or a post that has great tips for your followers, feel free to post it again. Social media moves quickly, and there’s a good chance a lot of people missed it the first time around.
6) Curate content. Find content from other sources that is specifically relevant to your audience, and share that. It will complement your own content and build relationships with people who cater your ideal demographic.
These things are all tips that can help you to come up with engaging and creative content for when you’re feeling stuck. Always remember to keep your audience in mind, because they’re the most important thing.
Facebook is always working to add new features to improve users’ experience. For companies that use Facebook as a marketing tool, it’s important to know how to use these features to best benefit them as a business. Social Media Examiner put together a list of some of the new Facebook features for marketers to know and take advantage of.
Encourage Fans to See You First
Facebook now gives users the option to enable the “See First” option to prioritize updates from certain friends, groups, or pages. Educate your fans on how to use the See First option, and encourage them to prioritize your page so they don’t miss out on anything.
Get a Beacon
Facebook beacons are free, you just have to request one, and are a great way to send information to Facebook users who are nearby and using Bluetooth. You can send people recommendations from friends, photos, a welcome message, a prompt to check in, and pretty much anything else.
Send/Receive Money in Messenger
Facebook introduced the ability to send and receive money with friends via Facebook messenger, so if your friends are clients they can make in-app purchases without ever leaving the page.
Create Saved Replies
If you have a standard message you regularly use, saved replies can be a useful tool. You can create replies to frequently asked questions to save some time when helping customers.
Facebook is working on rolling out lead ads, which will make it easier than ever for customers/fans to fill out contact information on mobile devices. Keep an eye out for a more widespread use of this.
In the ever-changing social media world, it is important to stay on top of any new developments. These are just some of the newest ways to use features to improve marketing on Facebook.
Facebook is an essential tool these days in marketing, but paying for ads can get pretty costly. Social Media Examiner wrote up an article with some ways to grow your Facebook page without breaking the bank, and we’ve summed it up for you here.
1) Be a guest curator on pages that complement your own. Choose 5-10 pages of companies that offer services complementary to yours (not competitive pages) and offer to produce content for them once a week in return for credit on their page. This will help get your work and page out there and grow your audience.
2) Give promotional swaps a try. Reach out to 30-40 pages that are, again, complementary to yours, and who share your target demographic and offer them a deal. You’ll mention their page on yours, and they’ll mention you on theirs. This will help you both to gain fans in your target demographic.
3) Conduct Q&A’s on your page. Now that you can directly reply to specific comments, have experts on different topics come in and answer questions in real time on your page. With the direct reply option, the Q&A will be easy to follow and educational for fans. Make sure to reach out to experts well ahead of time, and then start promoting the Q&A chat in advance to build excitement.
These are three cost effective ways to get more people viewing and subsequently “liking” your page. Be patient and try more than one tactic to improve your page, and you are sure to see your numbers grow.
Social media has given brands the chance to get to know their fans and customers, and to build relationships with them. It can also help brands to cultivate loyal, long-term customers if they use the platforms correctly. Take a look at some tips from Social Media Examiner to grow your brand’s relationship with customers.
1) Personalize the experience. Make each and every fan feel like they matter to you, because they do. End your posts with your name, so they can see that there’s a human behind your brand, or try allowing fans to personalize products.
2) Reward them. Give your entire social media following a discount code, sneak previews, or contests to let them know you appreciate them.
3) Give them a surprise. Whether it’s a discount code for reaching a social media milestone, an unexpected birthday gift, or a holiday surprise, do something kind to shock and delight them from time to time.
4) Remember to listen. Engage with your fans, hear their complaints or suggestions, and take action. Let them know you value their opinion.
5) Be knowledgeable. There is so much information on the Internet, so make sure you can offer your fans something they can’t find. Know your products and services inside and out so you can assist them with anything they might need.
6) Don’t forget to follow up. Even if you’ve already answered a question for a customer, make sure to follow up with them at a later date. It’s important they know you value their experience.
7) Build trust. Keep your promises to fans and always make sure to be transparent. If you make a mistake, own up to it and apologize. People will respect the honesty and will trust your brand even more.
8) Share values. Every brand has core values they were built on, so share them with your fans. Nothing will create a long-term relationship with a customer faster than knowing you share their values.
The most important thing for building long-term relationships with customers is for the customer to know they are valued. Follow these tips to grow these relationships with people who respect and trust your brand.
Once you’ve mastered taking the perfect square picture, picking just the right filter, and adjusting the warmth and saturation of a photo on Instagram, it’s time to figure out who’s going to see your masterpiece. Engagement and visibility is everything in social media marketing, so Social Media Examiner made a list of some tips to generate more engagement and increase your content’s visibility.
Make sure to use relevant hashtags on all of your posts, and the more you use, the more people are likely to see your post. And don’t forget to keep an eye open for any popular hashtags that you could use to drive more traffic to your page.
Talk About It
Don’t forget that above all, Instagram is a social media platform, so it’s important to be social. Comment and like other page’s posts, and reply to comments from fans on your page, and don’t be afraid to visit your target demographics’ pages and leave comments too.
Have a Contest
Launching a contest on your Instagram page is a fun and easy way to get people liking, sharing, and commenting on your photos. It also gets people excited and talking about your brand.
Get the Word Out
It’s important to make sure fans of your brand know you have an Instagram. Promote your username on other social media platforms and link to your page from your website.
Link Your Accounts
One of the biggest draws of Instagram is the visual content; so don’t let it go to waste. Link your Instagram page with your Facebook and Twitter pages so you can share your photos and videos with fans on all different platforms.
Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms in use, and it provides a unique opportunity to convey your brand visually. Use these tips to grow your audience, increase your engagement, and help your brand.