When clients ask us about Pinterest we tell them it is the best driver of e-commerce. Why? Pinterest is a visual discovery tool that allows people to collect ideas for projects and interests. While it is a great tool for both individuals and brands, it is important to remain strategic about a brand’s approach and ensure that their pins are being seen. Here are 7 tips from Social Media Examiner on how to be seen on Pinterest:
1. Show pins to newsletter readers – When sending out a weekly or monthly e-mail include a few of your best Pinterest pins. Include a screenshot of the pins and place a clickable link on the image that links to the pin. When newsletter readers click on the image they’re taken to that pin on PInterest where they can see all your boards. It’s a win-win!
2. Promote your presence - Using Pinterest group boards is an excellent way to reach more people to get repins, followers and traffic.
3. Track pins from competitor domains – People who pin items from your competitors’ websites are probably people you would want to have pinning from your website. Pinalerts is a simple app that let’s you set alerts for when items are pinned from any domain – like your competitors’ websites so you can find those pinners.
4. Find popular group boards - Using Pinterest group boards is an excellent way to reach more people to get repins, followers and traffic. But it’s extremely hard to find good group boards on Pinterest because there’s been no search feature to help you out. PinGroupie is an easy to use and free tool that finds group boards.
5. Drive traffic with blog boards – By creating a blog board, you provide a place for your followers to find all your posts. Followers also automatically see any new blogs you pin on their homepage. Make sure you name your board using relevant keywords so it is easy to find through search engines.
6. Use pin it for later links – Publish a blog post, then pin an image from the article to a board. Copy the URL of the pin. Use that same image for a post on your Google+ page. It’s a helpful way to let others bookmark your content for reading at another time.
7. Include price tags - Pinterest pins with prices get 36 percent more likes than those without.
Want more information? Get more detailed instruction and tips on these 7 visibility tips for Pinterest.