When it comes to social media, Google+ tends to be used the least. Most people, for both business and personal use, tend to focus all their time on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. But Google+ can be a great asset to your business once you figure out the best way to use it. Check out these six tips from Social Media Examiner about how to use Google+ to promote your business.
1) Make sure to verify your business with Google My Business to increase your visibility on Google search. This will help people find information about your business, so be sure to fill in your business information on Google+ with as much detail as possible.
2) Use Google+ circles to share information with specific people. That way if there is business information you want to share with business partners you can, or if you want to share information about a sale just to costumers, you can do that.
3) Create and join communities. This is a great way to be a part of a community with similar interests and passions. This will help you connect on a more personal level with potential customers and fans.
4) Categorize content with collections. Create a collection to group your content by topic, and make it easier for people to follow your content that interests them.
5) Use Google Hangouts to engage with followers. Google Hangouts are a popular way to connect with followers in a more intimate and personal way. Use them to host Q&A’s or talk about a topic relevant to your business that people are interested in.
6) Take advantage of Google Photos and use it to tell a story. Google Photos on Google+ offers unlimited storage for photos and videos, and stores high-resolution photos that it can automatically categorize into people, places, and things. Use keywords to name your photos to make them visible in image search.
Essentially, the best thing you can do on Google+ is use all of its features to optimize your chances to come up on Google search. Google’s search function is easily the most popular of any of its features, and making sure your business will be at the top of search results it’s the best way to make the most of your Google+ account.
When you spend so much time on social media for your company, it can sometimes feel hard to generate interesting content on a daily basis. Social Media Examiner has put together a list of tips to try for when you’re stuck but still want to improve engagement.
1) Ask questions. People love to share their wisdom and opinions, so give them the chance by asking for tips and insight to get them involved in the conversation.
2) Have a sense of humor. What better way to build relationships with your followers than posting something funny to brighten their day? Try posting a funny quote, picture, or graphic to make your followers smile.
3) Connect on a personal level. Show people the behind-the-scenes of your business, your life, or both. Let people get to know who you are, and they are much more likely to want to do business with you.
4) Be inspirational. Post inspirational quotes on your social media accounts to inspire your followers. Keep in mind the perspective of your followers, and tailor your quotes to fit them.
5) Don’t be afraid to repost relevant content. If you have an article you wrote with answers to FAQ’s or a post that has great tips for your followers, feel free to post it again. Social media moves quickly, and there’s a good chance a lot of people missed it the first time around.
6) Curate content. Find content from other sources that is specifically relevant to your audience, and share that. It will complement your own content and build relationships with people who cater your ideal demographic.
These things are all tips that can help you to come up with engaging and creative content for when you’re feeling stuck. Always remember to keep your audience in mind, because they’re the most important thing.
Facebook is always working to add new features to improve users’ experience. For companies that use Facebook as a marketing tool, it’s important to know how to use these features to best benefit them as a business. Social Media Examiner put together a list of some of the new Facebook features for marketers to know and take advantage of.
Encourage Fans to See You First
Facebook now gives users the option to enable the “See First” option to prioritize updates from certain friends, groups, or pages. Educate your fans on how to use the See First option, and encourage them to prioritize your page so they don’t miss out on anything.
Get a Beacon
Facebook beacons are free, you just have to request one, and are a great way to send information to Facebook users who are nearby and using Bluetooth. You can send people recommendations from friends, photos, a welcome message, a prompt to check in, and pretty much anything else.
Send/Receive Money in Messenger
Facebook introduced the ability to send and receive money with friends via Facebook messenger, so if your friends are clients they can make in-app purchases without ever leaving the page.
Create Saved Replies
If you have a standard message you regularly use, saved replies can be a useful tool. You can create replies to frequently asked questions to save some time when helping customers.
Facebook is working on rolling out lead ads, which will make it easier than ever for customers/fans to fill out contact information on mobile devices. Keep an eye out for a more widespread use of this.
In the ever-changing social media world, it is important to stay on top of any new developments. These are just some of the newest ways to use features to improve marketing on Facebook.
Facebook is an essential tool these days in marketing, but paying for ads can get pretty costly. Social Media Examiner wrote up an article with some ways to grow your Facebook page without breaking the bank, and we’ve summed it up for you here.
1) Be a guest curator on pages that complement your own. Choose 5-10 pages of companies that offer services complementary to yours (not competitive pages) and offer to produce content for them once a week in return for credit on their page. This will help get your work and page out there and grow your audience.
2) Give promotional swaps a try. Reach out to 30-40 pages that are, again, complementary to yours, and who share your target demographic and offer them a deal. You’ll mention their page on yours, and they’ll mention you on theirs. This will help you both to gain fans in your target demographic.
3) Conduct Q&A’s on your page. Now that you can directly reply to specific comments, have experts on different topics come in and answer questions in real time on your page. With the direct reply option, the Q&A will be easy to follow and educational for fans. Make sure to reach out to experts well ahead of time, and then start promoting the Q&A chat in advance to build excitement.
These are three cost effective ways to get more people viewing and subsequently “liking” your page. Be patient and try more than one tactic to improve your page, and you are sure to see your numbers grow.
Once you’ve mastered taking the perfect square picture, picking just the right filter, and adjusting the warmth and saturation of a photo on Instagram, it’s time to figure out who’s going to see your masterpiece. Engagement and visibility is everything in social media marketing, so Social Media Examiner made a list of some tips to generate more engagement and increase your content’s visibility.
Make sure to use relevant hashtags on all of your posts, and the more you use, the more people are likely to see your post. And don’t forget to keep an eye open for any popular hashtags that you could use to drive more traffic to your page.
Talk About It
Don’t forget that above all, Instagram is a social media platform, so it’s important to be social. Comment and like other page’s posts, and reply to comments from fans on your page, and don’t be afraid to visit your target demographics’ pages and leave comments too.
Have a Contest
Launching a contest on your Instagram page is a fun and easy way to get people liking, sharing, and commenting on your photos. It also gets people excited and talking about your brand.
Get the Word Out
It’s important to make sure fans of your brand know you have an Instagram. Promote your username on other social media platforms and link to your page from your website.
Link Your Accounts
One of the biggest draws of Instagram is the visual content; so don’t let it go to waste. Link your Instagram page with your Facebook and Twitter pages so you can share your photos and videos with fans on all different platforms.
Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms in use, and it provides a unique opportunity to convey your brand visually. Use these tips to grow your audience, increase your engagement, and help your brand.
In an increasingly visual world, Instagram has become a great way to promote your business and products on social media. Social Media Examiner compiled a list of tips from the experts on how to make the most out of Instagram, and we summed it up for you here.
1) Photo quality. When it comes down to it, Instagram is a place to share pictures, and if the quality of your photos isn’t great, people won’t want to look at them.
2) Monitor traffic. To keep on top of how well your Instagram page is doing, try using a customized short link to see how many people are coming to your website directly from Instagram.
3) Plan ahead. Be strategic with your posts and plan them ahead of time, and give every post a purpose.
4) Collaboration. Promote and tag your partners in posts, and they’ll do the same for you, which will increase your audience.
5) Be trendy. When hashtags that are relevant to your brand are trending, tag your posts with them. Users will be able to find your posts through the “Explore” feature that Instagram offers.
6) Use it as part of the bigger picture. Use Instagram as part of your bigger marketing plan, and get your followers involved by prompting them for action through posts by asking for their emails or to download something relevant to your brand.
7) Mix it up. Post a combination of photos and videos to keep your page interesting and fresh.
8) Watch for new opportunities. Instagram recently introduced sponsored posts, so make sure your brand has a variety of posts ready should you get the opportunity to use them.
9) Use your bio. Make sure to keep the link in your page’s bio section updated to your most current content.
10) Sponsor your posts. Find an Instagram page that caters to your demographic and has a large following, and pay them for a sponsored post.
11) Make it share-worthy. When you post graphics on your page, pair it with an inspirational quote or caption to make people want to share it.
12) Make a schedule. Use a calendar to specifically map out the dates and times that you want to put posts out on Instagram.
13) Partner with influencers. Find an Instagram influencer who is right for your brand, and reach out. Their opinions are often very trusted by their large number of followers, and it opens you up to a new audience.
These tactics will help you and your business step up your Instagram game in a major way. Try some of them out, and make the most out of this social media platform.
When it comes to promoting your brand and connecting with fans on social media, there aren’t many options better than Twitter. It allows you to talk to and connect with fans in a way that’s different than other platforms. And one way to make Twitter even more fun and interactive is to host a Twitter chat. Social Media Examiner has a list of ways to host and promote a successful chat on Twitter.
1) Pick a topic. Don’t just make it about promoting your company, make it about a topic that will help your community of followers.
2) Do some research. Check out other Twitter chats similar to the one you’re hoping to host, and see who was invited, how the topic of conversation was controlled, and how the best way to stay involved is.
3) Choose a date and time for your Twitter chat. Keep in mind when most people are free and out of work, and don’t schedule it for a time that will clash with other Twitter chats.
4) Name your chat. Pick an original but simple hashtag to use along with your chat.
5) Send out the invitations. Pick at least 20 people you want to invite to the chat, and start securing guests at least two weeks beforehand.
6) Once you have guests secured, start preparing questions. Think of around 7-10 questions to send out to your guests three days in advance to give them time to prepare answers for a discussion.
7) Make sure to promote your chat. Get the word out well in advance to build excitement and interest.
8) Run your chat. Make sure you have a basic script to run off of so that you’re prepared, and use tools such as TweetChat to manage your chat.
9) Lastly, keep track of your results. Tools like Hashtracking can provide real-time insight to how your Twitter chat is doing.
Twitter chats may seem like a lot of work at first, but with some practice they’re easy to get the hang of. They’re also a great way to connect with fans and promote your brand.
Social media has become an important tool for companies when they introduce a new product or service. Social media is different than more traditional types of advertising because a company’s social media presence often reaches a more particular audience. Social Media Examiner has put together a list of ways to help launch a new product or service on Facebook.
1) Plan ahead
Start mapping out your Facebook strategy at least two months in advance. Think about what materials you will use on your page and start any preparations.
2) Build excitement
Start posting teasers about your upcoming launch to get people talking, and use a variety of different content on your page to keep it interesting.
3) Keep the energy up
Even once your product launches, you have to keep the excitement around it going for awhile. Use promotions and contests to keep interest high.
Once the launch is over, it is important to thank your audience for their support. Then, analyze your results to see how your campaign did.
These are some of the key points to hit when you are looking to create buzz on Facebook about a new service or product that your company is offering. Be creative and strategic, and start planning ahead in order to have an organized and successful launch.
In the past few years, video has become much more popular in social media and marketing. With things like the introduction of video on Instagram and instant video on Twitter, it’s no wonder people are using it more. Video provides a unique way to tell a story through your social media accounts that will let you engage your audience in a new way. Social Media Examiner came up with eight ways to use video to interact with your brand’s fans and followers.
1) Post videos that fans create. This will provide your company with engaging content that other fans and followers can relate to.
2) Use video content to create a fictional series. This will entertain your audience while showing your product in use.
3) Share personal stories to connect with and relate to your audience.
4) Try shooting a documentary-style video. This will be entertaining and informational for your viewers.
5) Video interviews with influential people in your company’s industry are a great way to share information that your audience is interested in.
6) Give viewers a behind-the-scene look at your company. It will engage viewers while giving them a peek inside the business.
7) Animated videos are a fun way to present information to viewers while still providing them entertainment.
8) A classic “how-to” video tutorial is fun, educational, and interactive for your audience.
Video has become increasingly important in social media marketing, and for your brand to find success you have to create original content that tells a story your audience can connect with.
Google+ may be one of the less well-known social media networks, but this doesn’t mean it can’t be used to get more exposure. The more social media networks you are a part of, the better it is for your brand. Social Media Examiner has some tips to increase your visibility on Google+ to help you get the most out of it.
Put the link to your website in multiple places on your Google+ page. The more times it appears, the more likely it is that people will click on it and drive traffic to your site.
Google Search Optimization
If somebody follows your page on Google+, you can appear on the first page of their Google search results. Use keywords and hashtags to increase the likelihood your post will appear in their search results.
Find a social media manager that you like to help you update both your business and personal pages on a regular basis. You can also schedule posts beforehand to make sure things are being posted to your pages even if you are busy with other work.
Make It Your Business Page
Official business pages on sites such as Facebook and LinkedIn can be a little limiting in terms of interactivity and engagement, so Google+ is a good alternative. There is a lot more you can do on a Google+ page, such as commenting on other pages, joining communities, creating events, and starting Google hangouts.
Be Involved in Communities
Being in a community on Google+ is similar to being in a “group” on Facebook. It allows you interact and engage other businesses and people who share your company’s values and interests.
The collections feature on Google+ allows you to organize your posts into different categories. This makes it easy for people to follow what they’re interested in without being bombarded with things they don’t care as much about.
It’s important to explore options when it comes to social media. Using these tips, you can get to know Google+ and see if it is right for your business.