When it comes to social media, Google+ tends to be used the least. Most people, for both business and personal use, tend to focus all their time on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. But Google+ can be a great asset to your business once you figure out the best way to use it. Check out these six tips from Social Media Examiner about how to use Google+ to promote your business.
1) Make sure to verify your business with Google My Business to increase your visibility on Google search. This will help people find information about your business, so be sure to fill in your business information on Google+ with as much detail as possible.
2) Use Google+ circles to share information with specific people. That way if there is business information you want to share with business partners you can, or if you want to share information about a sale just to costumers, you can do that.
3) Create and join communities. This is a great way to be a part of a community with similar interests and passions. This will help you connect on a more personal level with potential customers and fans.
4) Categorize content with collections. Create a collection to group your content by topic, and make it easier for people to follow your content that interests them.
5) Use Google Hangouts to engage with followers. Google Hangouts are a popular way to connect with followers in a more intimate and personal way. Use them to host Q&A’s or talk about a topic relevant to your business that people are interested in.
6) Take advantage of Google Photos and use it to tell a story. Google Photos on Google+ offers unlimited storage for photos and videos, and stores high-resolution photos that it can automatically categorize into people, places, and things. Use keywords to name your photos to make them visible in image search.
Essentially, the best thing you can do on Google+ is use all of its features to optimize your chances to come up on Google search. Google’s search function is easily the most popular of any of its features, and making sure your business will be at the top of search results it’s the best way to make the most of your Google+ account.