Twitter is more than just 140 character messages. It’s a way to share content, spread news, and market your brand. It is more than having tens of thousands of Twitter followers, but rather having content that your followers will actually pay attention to and interact with.
There are many different ways users can interact with a tweet. The obvious ones are by favoriting, retweeting, or replying to a tweet. However, users can also click your hashtags, @-mentions, links, pictures, white space to expand the tweet, your Twitter handle to view your profile, or the follow button.
Generally the most important click is the click on a link. According to Hubspot Blogs, link clicks account for 92% of tweet interactions. Link clicks give you the best chance of gaining views, shares, and traffic on the content you post.
Gaining clicks on Twitter can be done if you’re willing to put the work in. Here are some quick tips to get the most out of Twitter:
1) Make sure your language is clear and to the point, don’t be ambiguous.
2) Good headlines make the best tweets
3) Use verbs and the active voice
4) Don’t overload your audience with statistics
5) Experiment to find the optimum time to send out tweets for the most interaction
6) Use images to grab people’s attention
7) Spread your tweets out over time, don’t bombard people’s timelines
8) Use hashtags, but only a few
9) Call people to action, ask them to do something
10) The link can go in the middle of the tweet instead of at the end
11) Get people’s attention by mentioning Twitter
12) Use infographics
13) Double check that your links work
These tips are based on studies to help maximize your Twitter potential and get the most success possible out of using the social media site to grow your brand. Give them a try and see your engagement grow.